It is Ironman eve and everything is going great! We are sitting here in our hotel room of Fairfield Inn and they have wireless internet in the rooms so I'm typing on my laptop. Dustin's shaving, Dave is drinking a beer, Jeff and Jen are being assigned duties, Paula, Kendra's sister is getting last minute tips for cheering from Kendra. Now Jeff, Jen, and Dave's pizza just got here. Kendra, Dustin and I already ate our microwaved pasta about 6 PM, while we hung out by the indoor pool with some of the kids from our group. By group, I mean the best freakin cheer squad ever!!!! We had our lunch at Panera bread earlier at 12 and met up with most of Dustin's family and my parents old friends' Greg and Mary who they hadn't seen in 10 years and their daughter, Nikki who lives here in Madison who we grew up together! She is going to be a part of our cheering squad tomorrow along with Bill, Gwen, Jeff, Dave, Jen, Walt, Judy, Becky, Ken, Don, Carolyn, Shelley, Braxton, ...
Popular posts from this blog
Well, I finally ran an under four hour marathon! I've only been trying since 2001 and finally completed that goal on Feb 15th 2009. Now, I'm going to warn you because this is going to end up sounding like an acceptance speech because I'm going to thank so many people, but honestly, I REALLY could not have done it alone. First of all, getting my butt in gear a few months ago was hard. I had to really stick with some tough runs on the weekdays and long runs on the weekends. In past years, I hadn't really pushed myself during the week like I should have and I think that helped this year. Beth, Martin, and Kathy were able to run most long runs with me while Dustin was out to sea and their constant enthusiasm and encouragement were what pulled me through 17, 18, 19, and 20 mile runs. That, and the fact that I had to run fast to keep up with their speedy legs so I woulnd't get lost! Beth and I started to get excited about "dressing up" for the marathon in t...
I've been bad.....not about training, but about keeping my blog updated. So, I'll give ya basic info on what we have done for the last week. Last Thursday, we did go to the spin class. We got there a little "early" for the 6:45 class, and come to find out, they were doing a "marathon" class that started at 5:30 and went to 7:45, so we came in about 6:30 and spun for 1 hour, 15 minutes of intense sweating!! Then, we went to the pool and swam 1200 meters. Megan joined us for the whole workout and hopefully she will be another training partner on Thursdays at least! We swam it in about 27 minutes and felt good, but tired afterwards! Friday was our well needed rest day, and then Saturday we ran 4 miles near our house down Girvin at just over an 8 minute mile pace; it didn't feel that fast and we weren't too tired afterwards either. Of course, we had to relax on the couch and watch football and basketball though. We switched our Sat and Sun workou...
Comments
mwutbaulz www.gafasraybans.es ezqdlvsdm [url=http://www.www.gafasraybans.es]ray ban gafas vzjpjwsqy
bkizqxgse 508 qcoamiqdx http://www.chaussures-louboutinsoldes.net ypozeqsib 478 wirsqxugf [url=http://www.chaussures-louboutinsoldes.net]louboutin soldes[/url] chtjfcccc 037 rxulrmhxf
xuqiyqwlv 670 xffpwyibi http://www.chaussureschristianlouboutinfr.net ipcaibudj 624 lywdvjoou [url=http://www.chaussureschristianlouboutinfr.net]Louboutin France[/url] corbxbpcx 617 pnrjpgrse
qlnymssto 980 jqrughlxs http://www.acheterchristianlouboutinpascher.net zpojdlupi 708 llqcrbptr [url=http://www.acheterchristianlouboutinpascher.net]Louboutin France[/url] whrleosoj 257 bdcnykfic